The BIG SKY PACKAGING team offers a range of sustainable packaging solutions, in various materials, to meet the increasing demand for environmentally-conscious brands.
Bottles made from sustainable sources offer the opportunity for brands to demonstrate their environmental awareness, through packaging choices. The materials, as well as a quick introduction to each, are listed below:
- PCR (Post Consumer Regrind)
- PLA (Polylactic Acid)
- Sugarcane Polymer
- Eco-friendly Printing
PCR (POST CONSUMER REGRIND)
- PCR is plastic products that have been recycled, which means they have been reprocessed to be re-used in new manufacturing
- PCR conserves energy and non-renewable resources as recycling replaces the need for primary extraction and the manufacture of new plastics
- BSP offers a range of PCR materials for use in the production of plastic bottles and jars at levels of between 25% – 100% in PET and up to 50% in HDPE*
- PCR tubes are available for use with PE starting at 25% PCR material
*Subject to material availability
PLA (POLYLACTIC ACID)
- PLA is a compostable polymer derived from renewable sources such as cornstarch
- BSP partners have tested PLA in various manufacturing processes and the results to date have been promising although there are some limitations on what can be produced
- We would be happy to develop this further in partnership with a customer – please contact the BSP sales team to discuss
- Polymer made using bio-oil derived from sugar cane rather than traditional oil
- BSP partners are currently producing sugarcane flexible tubes and bottles for the packaging market
- Retains the same properties as traditional oil-based polymers
- 100% renewable
- Possible to achieve a negative carbon footprint
- Investigating Polyethylene Furanoate (PEF) source, Bio-polymer equivalent to PET
- Sugarcane Closures are also available.
Printing adds very little gram weight to the product. In addition, label materials are sometimes inconsistent with the bottle which can hinder recycling.
Please contact the BIG SKY PACKAGING team today and learn how we can help build your brand.
The Use of Customized Airless Packaging Is on the Rise.
Airless packaging, as supplied by BIG SKY PACKAGING, is a non-pressurized dispensing method that protects a product’s formulation from exposure to air. It is widely used and applicable for most any brand, and is no longer limited to luxury or prestige brands.
In fact analysts predict the use of airless packaging to exceed $5.9 billion in 2023, followed by $6.3 billion by 2024. An increase in the demand for prestige products is one factor fueling market growth.
Aside from design and an airless package’s ability to protect the integrity of a formula, a major draw toward its use is the functionality and ability to evacuate approximately 95% of a product, near the end of its life.
The BIG SKY PACKAGING offers a complete line of stock airless components, which can be customized to meet your brand needs. Bluemercury‘s M61 line is a the perfect example of how to effectively customized stock components, and create world class luxury skin care line.
The BIG SKY PACKAGING team provides a wide range of customizable airless components , which are found in beauty, cosmetics, skin care, hair care, oral care, cannabis and cbd.
Contact BIG SKY PACKAGING today and see how we can help build your brand.
BIG SKY PACKAGING is delighted to announce the launch of Bronty Beauty, a collection of breakthrough products using cellular extraction.
Bronty Beauty products draw on the brilliance of nature’s design; understanding how compounds are stored, nutrient transport systems, cellular composition, plant mechanisms, and the influence of environmental stressors, to innovate a process that respects bio-mimics mechanisms tried and tested by nature over billions of years.
In addition, the Bronty Beauty approach is superior to past processes of maceration and percolation that have degraded and compromised the natural molecules within the cell.
The BIG SKY PACKAGING team worked intimately with the Bronty Beauty team throughout the packaging development. From package engineering, form, material and decoration evaluation, COG analysis, and production management to transport and shipping of final packaging.
Visit Bronty Beauty for more information on the people, products, and pricing!
All customized stock packaging solutions are provided by the BIG SKY PACKAGING team / NYC.