The BIG SKY PACKAGING team offers a range of sustainable packaging solutions, in various materials, to meet the increasing demand for environmentally-conscious brands.
Bottles are made from sustainable sources offer the opportunity for brands to demonstrate their environmental awareness, through packaging choices. The materials, as well as a quick introduction to each, are listed below:
- PCR (Post Consumer Regrind)
- PLA (Polylactic Acid)
- Sugarcane Polymer
- Eco-friendly Printing
PCR (POST CONSUMER REGRIND)
- PCR is plastic products that have been recycled, which means they have been reprocessed to be re-used in new manufacturing
- PCR conserves energy and non-renewable resources as recycling replaces the need for primary extraction and the manufacture of new plastics
- BSP offers a range of PCR material for use in the production of plastic bottles and jars at levels of between 25% – 100% in PET and up to 50% in HDPE*
- PCR tubes are available for use with PE starting at 25% PCR material
*Subject to material availability
PLA (POLYLACTIC ACID)
- PLA is a compostable polymer derived from renewable sources such as corn starch
- BSP partners have tested PLA in various manufacturing processes and the results to date have been promising although there are some limitations on what can be produced
- We would be happy to develop this further in partnership with a customer – please contact the BSP sales team to discuss
- Polymer made using bio-oil derived from sugar cane rather than traditional oil
- BSP partners are currently producing sugarcane flexible tubes and bottles for the packaging market
- Retains same properties of traditional oil-based polymers
- 100% renewable
- Possible to achieve negative carbon footprint
- Investigating Polyethylene Furanoate (PEF) source, Bio-polymer equivalent to PET
- Sugarcane Closures also available.
Printing adds very little gram weight to the product. In addition label materials are sometimes inconsistent with the bottle which can hinder recycling.
Please contact the BIG SKY PACKAGING team today and learn how we can help build your brand.